The Power of Personality: Showcasing Pets as Individuals
What does the public look for when adopting/fostering a pet? What attracts the public to a certain pet above others? This webinar (click on "Recorded Sessions") will show how to draw attention to the pets in our care with accurate and intriguing descriptions -- for websites, kennel cards, databases, and more.
You will learn:
- The power of a name. Use physical details to name a pet; you can simply use paint sample cards from the hardware store or a baby names book
- For buddies to stay together, try pair names (salt and pepper, etc.)
- For litters, try list names (spices, colors, states, etc)
- The power of an animal' story
- Powerful template kennel cards
- The power of a picture
- Tips for effective "adoptable" photography; pets behind bars or on concrete make it very hard for people to picture that same pet clean and happy on their sofa
- How to use volunteers for these important tasks
For more information, view this free webinar (click on "Recorded Sessions") provided by Kit Jenkins, Program Manager at PetSmart Charities.